Sabritec specializes in custom interconnect solutions for military, space/satellite, medical, telecom, commercial avionics and test & measurement applications.
SMT Diodes - Transient Protection
Sabritec offers a complete line of transient protection solutions embedded within the connector shell utilizing surface mount technology (SMT) diodes. These can be provided as an alternative to axially leaded components in instances where availability of source of supply issues could potentially become an issue. The incorporation of SMT components can offer space and weight savings based on connector application requirements. Download Specification Sheet
- Significant reduction is board space and connector weight
- Low incremental surge resistance
- Fast response time, typically less than 1.0ps
- Low zener diode impedance values
- Better thermal conductivity for high power dissipation requirements
- Increased flexibility in design limits
- Increased mean time between failures (MTBF)
- Improved shock and vibration resistance
- No ground spring connector from cathode lead to connector ground plane
EMI/RFI and EMP protection can both be integrated into a connector with only a small increase in length over the non-filtered version. Sabritec’s design approach for diode connectors is unique, mounting diodes around the outside of the contact arrangement on a multi-layer circuit board within the connector. Sabritec uses standard military or commercial grade diodes, located outside the contact arrangement to allow for size and shape options so the power/pulse width capability is preserved. The circuit traces from the contact to the diode are kept as wide as possible and are sandwiched between ground planes, providing a very low characteristic impedance strip line configuration thus eliminating any “ringing” of pulse response.
High Speed/Video Line/Integrated Circuit/Power Supply Protection