Sabritec’s experience in signal, power, fitler and high speed connectors for railway transit results in customer-driven, reliable solutions for our customers. Our products are optimized to mitigate the effects of shock, vibration and fretting corrosion.
- High Speed Trains
- Computer Based Interlocking
- Automatic Train Control
- Operation and Traffic Control
- Automatic Braking Systems
Fiber Optic Connectors / Contacts
The ARINC 801 fiber optic terminus is the next generation of high density, butt joint interconnect technology. With its standard 1.25 mm ferrule and sleeve, the ARINC 801 terminus is designed for both multimode and single-mode applications and is compatible with standard LC termination processes. The terminus is available both as a pull-proof design and as an optical disconnect style. Click Here for Qualification Test Report
- Robust Pin & Socket Versions
- Multimode Applications (62.5/125)
- Available for ARINC or MIL-DTL-38999 Applications
- Reduced Influence for Alignment Errors
- Increased Protection for Fiber
- Reduced Influence from Dirt and Debris
- Simple Cleaning
- Insertion Loss: - 0.8 dB (Typical)
- Robust Pin And Socket Design
- Multimode Applications (62.5/125)
- Concave, flat and PC end face geometries for excellent Mechanical Performance
- Physical Contact Polish Provides Low Loss & Low Reflection
- Insertion Loss: 0.7 Db (Typical)
- Maximum loss less than 1 dB for PC polish and less than 1.5 dB for SM polish
- Twist protection pin
- Multimode applications (62.5/125)
- Screwing lock
- Insertion loss:- 0.20 dB (Typical)
High Power Connectors
Sabritec’s High Power connectors utilize the superior performing Hyperboloid® contact technology, ideal for harsh and demanding environments with low contact resistance. These connectors provide high current ratings with smaller contacts for the same power thus saving overall weight and space.
- Low coupling force
- Improved low rate of wear and high coupling durability
- Shock and vibration resistance
- Operate in harsh environments
- Increased power handling capability by 25% as compared to standard contacts
- Reduced contact resistance
- Contact elements can be insulated, to enable multi-pole use (coaxial)
- Contact mating sequence can be used to gain benefits such as power switching
- Mating of shorter contact can energize main power for system or safety requirements
High Density Miniature Circular
Sabritec’s new High Density Miniature Circular Connectors (HDMC) series offers the performance of a MIL-DTL-38999 connector in a smaller size with significant weight savings. The HMDC is offered with Size 23 crimp removable contacts, Size 12 High Frequency Coax (MDHC) contacts, Size 0 High Speed Twinax and rugged Fiber Optic signa1ling.
MDHC High Frequency coax contacts have a frequency range of 40 GHz and offer a low VSWR (1.3:1 typical up to 30GHz and 1.5:1 typical up to 40 GHz) per mated pair.
The series includes straight and right angle cable mount and PCB mount connectors, in-series and between series adapters, as well as coax/triax transitional adapters, bulkhead receptacles and cable-bus terminators. Cable mount connectors are designed for all types of data-bus and video interconnect systems including MIL-STD-1553B, ARINC 429, 100 Base-T Ethernet, high speed video hot-link and fibre channel data links.
The triax contact series fit standard MIL-DTL-38999 size 8, 10 & 12 contact cavities, d-sub size 8, and ARINC size 1, 5, 8, 9 & 12 standard rack & panel connector cavities and MIL-DTL-83527 size 8 cavities. Sabritec offers Qualified Product List (QPL) triax contacts under specifications MIL-C-39029/90-529 and MIL-C-39029/91-530.
Coax Connectors / Contacts
High Frequency Micro-D Coax Connectors (MDHC) have a low VSWR up to 40 GHz (typ). These connectors have a constant 50 ohm airline impedance interface and are 30% smaller than our SCX coaxial connectors. Each coax contact has a maximum overall diameter of Ø.133" fitted into a low-profile metalized or plastic housing. MDHC coaxial contacts are a drop in replacement to Sabritec’s MDCX RF contacts with an increased.
Insert arrangements available in 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 way coax assemblies with mixed signal and power contacts available in hybrid arrangements. frequency range from 10 GHz to 40 GHz. These connectors are RoHS compliant.
Multipin coax connectors with low VSWR of 1.25:1 up to 10 GHz (max mated pair). Each contact has a maximum diameter of 0.125" fitted into a low profile metalized housing. Insert arrangements available in 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 way coax assemblies with mixed signal and power contacts available in hybrid arrangements. These connectors are RoHS compliant.
Sabritec‘s High Frequency Coax Contacts are engineered with a “float mount” design to assure high performance (low VSWR) at microwave frequencies by preventing any air gap at the mating interface. These contacts are to be terminated to .086 diameter flexible cables.
- Size 8 and 12 cavities for MIL-DTL-38999, ARINC 404/600
- Fits Size 8 cavity for MIL-DTL-24308 D-Sub
- Spring loaded for optimum contact mating force
- High frequency performance
- Low VSWR • Size 8: 1.15:1 Typ Mated Pair
- Size 12: 1.25:1 Typ Mated Pair
- Insertion Loss:
- 0.15 dB to 26.5 GHz Typ (Size 8)
- 0.2 dB to 40 GHz Typ (Size 12)
- Socket contacts are spring loaded float mount
- Rugged interface works even if misaligned
- Reduction in size of 30% from Size 8 and a 25% from Size 9 contact sizes.
- Allows for more signals per connector as well as more signal density per square inch of panel space
- Offered in 100 ohm Quadrax and/or 100/150 ohm differential pair Twinax
- These contacts are available in MIL-DTL-38999 and Rugged D-Sub formats.
Micro-D Twinax Connectors (MDTX) offer twinax blindmate assemblies fitted into a low-profile metalized Micro-D style shell. This series allows for modularity of PCB routing of high speed signaling capable of 100 Ohm differential pair matched impedance for IEEE 1394b firewire and gigabit Ethernet applications in a size 10 twinax contact. These connectors allow for maximum space utilization, ultra miniature size, high vibration capability and are extremely light weight and modular with true signal integrity. Insert arrangements are available in 2, 4, 6 and 8 way twinax assemblies with mixed signal and power contacts available in hybrid layouts. These connectors are available with locking post mechanisms or blind mate features
Sabritec’s Duraspeed line offers true differential pair matched impedance Twinax and Quadrax contacts, where the differential pair and signal to shield impedance is maintained throughout the connector pair, with rugged low insertion force/high mating cycle precision contacts capable of withstanding a minimum of 6,000 mating cycles. All Duraspeed Quadrax (DSQ) and Twinax (DST) contacts are designed to fit Sabritec's standard cavities for all existing connector formats of high speed product lines of MIL-DTL-38999, ARINC 600 and Rugged-Subminiature.
These connectors provide low RF noise and high durability of up to 1,000 mating cycles. Sabritec connectors meet or exceed all requirements of MIL-STD-202 for shock and vibration. Offered with 100 ohm quadrax and/or differential pair twinax contacts. Consult factory when other impedances are required. The size 10 contacts are 30% smaller package size than standard size 9 for tight space constraints. These contacts offer the same performance in a much smaller package size.