Sabritec specializes in custom interconnect solutions for military, space/satellite, medical, telecom, commercial avionics and test & measurement applications.
ARINC 801 Terminus Qualification
Sabritec has successfully passed qualification testing of its Size 16 ARINC 801 terminus for single and multi-mode applications. Qualification test results show that Sabritec’s ARINC 801 terminus maintains its low loss while being intermateable/interoperable with qualified termini and connectors.
During qualification testing the termini easily met the required .3 dB insertion loss with an average measured loss of 0.10 dB, when tested per TIA/EIA-455-171. Return Loss measurements exceeded the 20 dB requirement, averaging 37 dB, as tested per TIA/EIA-455-107. The ARINC 801 terminus also passed qualification for temperature cycling, humidity, random vibration, mechanical shock, connector coupling durability, temperature life, salt spray and altitude immersion.
The ARINC 801 terminus is designed for use in both multimode and single mode applications, with a 1.25 mm ferrule and sleeve using standard LC termination processes and tooling. Insertion/Removal tools are standard size 16 for D38999 and ARINC 600 connectors. The terminus is available both as a pull-proof design and a general use design for tight jacketed cable.
For the pull-proof design, the cable jacket is crimped to the external body and an internal spring allows the ferrule to remain in the forward position while the cable is pulled, avoiding any loss of signal. This feature allows for the use of the connector without a backshell. Standard connector formats include MIL-DTL-38999 type, MIL-DTL-83527 type, ARINC 600 and ARINC 781.
Qualification Test Results (Summary) Click Here for full Test Report
- Intermateable/Interoperable with Qualified Termini and Connectors
- Insertion Loss per TIA/EIA-455-171 (0.3 dB Maximum) – Average Measured Loss of .10 dB
- Return Loss per TIA/EIA-455-107 (20 dB Minimum) – Average Measured Loss of 37.47 dB
- Temperature Cycling per EIA-364-32C (-55º C to +85º C, 50 Cycles)
- Humidity per TIA/EIA-455—5C (90-95%, 40º C, Steady State for 96 Hours)
- Random Vibration per TIA/EIA-455-11C (Condition VI-G, 23.1 G, 10-2000 Hz)
- Mechanical Shock per TIA/EIA-455-14A (Condition D, 300 G, 3 ms, Half-sine Pulse)
- Connector Coupling Durability per EIA-364-09C (100 Mate/Demate Cycles)
- Temperature Life per TIA/EIA-455-4C (70º C for 1000 Hours)
- Salt Spray (Corrosion) per TIA/EIA-455-16A (500 Hours)
- Altitude Immersion per TIA/EIA-455-15A (50,000 Feet)