Sabritec specializes in custom interconnect solutions for military, space/satellite, medical, telecom, commercial avionics and test & measurement applications.
The Sabritec equalizer passive circuit (patent pending) is designed to fit into a size 8 Twinax or Quadrax contact requiring no power and acts like a high pass filter. This helps compensate for the frequency dependant cable loss and helps to re-open the eye pattern on long cable runs allowing to pass faster data rates or extend the length of the cable.
Equalization is an important tool in any digital engineer’s toolkit. The robust ‘user-transparent’ device will extend the reach of high speed digital signals without using any system power or pc board real estate. It is intended for use in high speed (>2Gb/s) 100 Ohm differential interconnects. The unique design helps to offset those high frequency losses endemic to high speed digital interconnect paths that are primarily dispersive in nature. As an added benefit of it’s high pass characteristics, Inter Symbol Interference (ISI) is reduced as well as deterministic jitter. The equalizer is an invaluable tool when trying to squeeze the last meter out of a cabling plant that had been previously designed for slower data rate signals. Furthermore, because of the nature of the equalizer it can be placed anywhere in the transmission path that is convenient to system designer.
- Improve the length a high-speed signal can be sent
- Increase the data rate for a given interconnect length
- Improve the margin at the receiver for a given signal performance
- Decrease the wire gauge size to save weight and improve routability
- Decrease the wire gauge size where there is a high volume of conductors in a given space
- Re-use existing wire and cable to drive higher data rate signals
- Entirely passive (no extra power required)
- Self contained in the contact no board real estate used
- Applicable over a wide range of data rates and transmission types
- Helps reduce ISI and deterministic jitter